The IMCA website includes a facility to automatically notify members whenever a news item or event notice has been added to the site. This is done using a RSS feed which you can subscribe to using a browser, web-based client or desktop reader.
Introduction to RSS Feeds
You can use RSS feeds to keep up to date on breaking news and track multiple websites without having to visit them - see BBC introduction to RSS feeds. Using a feed reader tool you can monitor hundreds of sites and scan updates for keywords of interest using a PC, Mac, Smartphone or iPhone - see Wikipedia comparison of feed aggregators.
How to Subscribe to the IMCA Feed
The procedures to subscribe to the IMCA RSS feed – http:www.imca.ie/feed.rss - using two common browsers are set out below. Members using other RSS readers are invited to submit their RSS setup procedures to firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll add these below and thus use RSS to keep members up to date.
If you are using IE7 (or similar):
- Click Tools, Internet Options, Contents, Feeds Settings and check the first three boxes
- Click View, Explorer Bar, Feeds.
- Load the IMCA site's home page.
- Click its orange RSS button. When the RSS Feed page appears, click ‘Subscribe to this feed’ and then click the Subscribe button in order to add the IMCA URL to the Explorer Bar.
If you are using Outlook 2013 (or similar):
- In Outlook, right-click the RSS Feeds folder and select ‘Add a New RSS Feed’
- In the ‘New RSS Feed’ dialog box, enter the URL for the IMCA RSS feed.
- Click Add.
- Click OK.